Golfers are just as eager as the fans for golf to return to play, and the wait is finally over.
148 of the world’s top golfers are set to tee off in the Charles Schwab Challenge at the Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth, Texas. Colonial has never had the top-two golfers in the Official World Golf Rankings compete in the same event since the rankings started in 1986. This weekend, each of the top-five players in the OWGR will be competing.
World number one Rory Mcllroy has never competed at Colonial, but the return of the PGA Tour has the top players flocking to the competition.
The Match 2 featuring Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady gave the audience a glimpse into the return of golf. This weekend, there similarly won’t be any fans at the course. The Match 2 aimed to hold golf fans over, but it may have just made them want the return even more. That wait is over.
Here is a guide to watching the Charles Schwab Challenge in 2020, including a list of tee times (updated daily), the complete TV schedule and more.
Watch the Charles Schwab Challenge 2020
- Dates: June 11-14, 2020
- TV channels: CBS, Golf Channel
- Live stream: fuboTV and CBSSports.com
CBS and the Golf Channel will broadcast live coverage of the 2020 Charles Schwab Challenge. Rounds start at 8 a.m., which can be seen in coverage from PGA Tour Live.
Live coverage for rounds on Thursday and Friday can be seen on Golf Channel from 4-7 p.m ET and heard on PGA Tour Radio from 1-7 p.m. For Friday and Saturday night, early TV coverage can be seen on Golf Channel before the coverage shifts to CBS from 3-6 p.m. ET.
The event can be live-streamed on CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports app for the network’s portion of the coverage as well as fuboTV, which offers a free seven-day trial.
|Thursday, June 11||4-7 p.m. ET||Golf Channel, fuboTV|
|Friday, June 12||4-7 p.m. ET||Golf Channel, fuboTV|
|Saturday, June 13||1-6 p.m. ET||CBS, fuboTV|
|Sunday, June 14||1-6 p.m. ET||CBS, fuboTV|
Who is in the 2020 Charles Schwab Challenge field?
The Charles Schwab Challenge doesn’t normally garner this kind of attention, but when it’s the first PGA Tour tournament after a three-month break, it’s no surprise the field is loaded.
Tiger Woods will not participate and will likely continue to rest for a few more weeks. Adam Scott, Patrick Cantlay and Tommy Fleetwood are among the other notable top players who won’t participate, but the excitement for this event is much more focused on who will be participating.
16 of the top 20 players in the World Rankings will be competing in the Charles Schwab Challenge, including the top-five ranked golfers. The expanded 148 player field (from 120) showcases the desire for players to return to the course.
Charles Schwab Challenge tee times for 2020
Here is the complete list of tee times for Sunday’s Round 4 at the Charles Schwab Challenge.
Round 4: Sunday, June 14
- 7:45 a.m. — Brian Stuard
- 7:50 a.m. — Denny McCarthy, Zach Blair
- 8:00 a.m. — Jhonattan Vegas, Scott Piercy
- 8:10 a.m. — Adam Schenk, Doc Redman
- 8:20 a.m. — Keith Mitchell, Joaquin Nieman
- 8:30 a.m. — Richy Werenski, Bronson Burgoon
- 8:40 a.m. — Matthew Wolff, Pat Perez
- 8:50 a.m. — Jason Dufner, Matthew Ne Smith
- 9 a.m. — Zach Johnson, Talor Gooch
- 9:10 a.m. — Andrew Landry, Byeong Hun An
- 9:20 a.m. — Harry Higgs, Louis Oosthuizen
- 9:30 a.m. — Scottie Scheffler, Billy Horschel
- 9:40 a.m. — Chris Kirk, Lucas Glover
- 9:50 a.m. — Patrick Rodgers, Viktor Hovland
- 10 a.m. — Matt Jones, Tyler Duncan
- 10:10 a.m. — Rory Sabbatini, Brooks Koepka
- 10:20 a.m. — Bud Cauley, Matthew Fitzpatrick
- 10:30 a.m. — Alex Noren, Keegan Bradley
- 10:40 a.m. — Rafa Cabrera Bello, Brian Harman
- 10:50 a.m. — Adam Hadwin, Kevin Kisner
- 11 a.m. — Maverick McNealy, Tony Finau
- 11:10 a.m. — Peter Uihlein, Joel Dahmen
- 11:20 a.m. — Ian Poulter, Jim Furyk
- 11:30 a.m. — Bubba Watson, Charles Howell
- 11:40 a.m. — Sungjae Im, Mark Hubbard
- 11:50 a.m. — Cameron Champ, Jason Kokrak
- 12 p.m. — J.T. Poston, Chesson Hadley
- 12:10 p.m. — Rory McIlroy, Bryson DeChambeau
- 12:20 p.m. — Corey Conners, Justin Rose
- 12:30 p.m. — Patrick Reed, Abraham Ancer
- 12:40 p.m. — Daniel Berger, Harold Varner III
- 12:50 p.m. — Collin Morikawa, Jordan Spieth
- 1 p.m. — Justin Thomas, Branden Grace
- 1:10 p.m. — Xander Schauffele, Gary Woodland
Charles Schwab Challenge purse
The 2020 purse at the Charles Schwab Challenge is $7.5 million — a slight increase from the $7.3 million purse in 2019. The winner will pocket $1.35 million in prize money.
Charles Schwab Challenge odds, picks for 2020
- Rory McIlroy +850
- Jon Rahm +1100
- Justin Thomas +1600
- Webb Simpson +2000
- Brooks Koepka +2200
- Bryson DeChambeau +2200
- Dustin Johnson +2500
- Xander Schauffele +2500
- Jordan Spieth +2800
- Patrick Reed +2800
- SungJae Im +2800
- Rickie Fowler +2800
Rory McIlroy, the world number one, is the betting favorite (+850) to take home the victory, according to odds from BetOnline.ag. That means a $100 bet would win $850.
Charles Schwab Challenge past winners
The winning score has varied over the last decade. In 2014, Adam Scott won with a -9. In 2010, Zach Johnson shot -21, a tournament record that was nearly matched by Justin Rose in 2018.